Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  12+ years experience. Expert in installing and problem fixing of softwares.
50064670

My taskbar disappears when I log into internet explorer. It

Customer Question

My taskbar disappears when I log into internet explorer. It is still visible when I log in to my windows email. I have tried my internet provider for help but they say it is a microsoft problem which I do not beleive. My searchbar has changed also and disappears when I log on. There is a visible google search bar which I prefer not to use. If I move my mouse to the extreme top of the screen, my local internet toolbar appears. Hope my problem makes sense to you.
Category: Software
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to justanswer. I am Jins here to assist you.

After you install IE7 you have to make the menu bar appear. Right click an empty spot on the tool bar and place a checkmark next to Menu Bar. It will also show up temporarily if you hold down the Alt key.

You will see that IE 7 puts the Menu Bar underneath the Address Bar which we don’t want.

Open up notepad by clicking Start \ Run, type in notepad and click OK.

Copy and paste the following script into notepad. You do not need to modify the code at all. Just copy and paste it into notepad.

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser\]
“ITBar7Position”=dword:00000001

Here is how we turn it into a reg key fix. Click on File \ Save As, but don’t click on Save until you read the next step.

Change your notepad Save as type to “All Files” and name the file something like IE7_Toolbar_fix.reg. Naming the file with the .reg extension is the key for this to work. Now you can click on Save.

You have just created a registry fix! Now double click the file you just created.

You will get the following confirmation screen. Click Yes.

The next screen will be confirming the registry key was added.

Close out of Internet Explorer if it is open and relaunch it. The Menu Bar is now on top!

To resolve the taskbar issue, we need to know which windows version you are using ? Windows xp, vista or 7 ?

Regards

Jins

Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience: 12+ years experience. Expert in installing and problem fixing of softwares.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just want you to know that I finally was able to follow your instructions and to my amazement, it looks as though my problem has been solved. Both my search bar and my task bar have reappeared and it seems like my frustrations have been solved. Thank you very much for your help and for making your answer to my problem so simple as to even a novice was able to follow them. God Bless You on this wonderous day and thank you so much for your help. I would recommend you to anyone.
Hi, Thanks a lot for the accept, bonus and the good words. Remember justanswer, when you need any assistance again. Now let me file this question as closed. Wish you all blessings from our lord in the year 2012.

Regards
Jins