elby79, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 10 years experience providing support for multiple applications.

My AOL sign in screen has a username I'd like to delete

I have an old username on my sign in screen for aol that I would like to delete. Then I would like to add my current wife's username to the sign on screen.
I have added my current wife's username to my account and removed my deceased wife's name from my account. No luck. Then I upgraded to aol 9.7 but still no luck.
What do I try next?
Category: Software
Expert:  elby79 replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for choosing JustAnswer.
Was the screen name that you were trying to remove the primary screen name that AOL was originally set up under?

JACUSTOMER-i3kl1gmu- :
No. The primary screen name is ***** ***** I need to delete a username in my account and add another different username.

elby79 :
Ok when you go to Account Settings --> screen names do you see the account listed there that you want to get rid of? What happens when you click the delete a screen name button?

JACUSTOMER-i3kl1gmu- :
The screen name I want to delete has been deleted through the Account Settings. And it is listed as a deleted username. The correct username is ***** ***** Account Settings and in the Switch screen name area of "Sign Off". My problem is that this change (properly noted in Account Settings) is not registering in the sign on screen. This must be a software problem. I am considering re installing AOL desktop 9.7 as a new program and not just updating an existing one. The deleted name is ***** ***** wife. The new name is ***** ***** wife. So every time we use AOL, my deceased wife's name comes up. THis never was a problem until now...

I just reinstalled all is ok now. Happy New Year