Ok .Please try the following.
Click on Start button and then click on Run (alternatively just hit Windows + R keys) to open Run command dialog. Type Cmd into the Run box, and hit Enter.
A command prompt DOS window will open.
Restart system and see if the problem is solved.
Sorry for the delay,..Got cut off..Let us try using google dns
1>Click start->Control Panel and click "Network and Internet Connections".
2. Then click "Network Connections".
4. Select your active internet connection and right click on it.
5. Select the TCP/IP service in the list and then click on the Properties button.
6. Look for the DNS section. If there are already numbers listed in there, be sure to write them down so that you can put things back the way they were if Google's DNS doesn't work out for you. If the "obtain automatically" button is filled, select the "use the following" button. Then enter in these two numbers - ( 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168 ) - into the DNS section as shown. Click OK to finish up.
7. Open up your web browser and visit ticketmaster. If you aren't getting anywhere, try a reboot.
Let me know the results.