dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

Iwas getting widows benefits they said id get it all the

Customer Question

iwas getting widows benefits they said id get it all the time but then they sent me a letter saying i make to much money. How much can i make to get it all the time
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I work full time. I made 23,000 from my job last year. I also get a monthly retirement check it's 726.00.
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: i took out some money from my valic account last year. it was 5000.00 dollars but I don't normally do that.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 days ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Are you asking how much you may earn through employment before your social security survivor benefit is decreased for having earned too much?

2. What is your present age?

Doug