How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lev-tax Your Own Question
lev-tax, Tax Advisor
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 29535
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
lev-tax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 62 years old (will be 63 in June). My husband is

Customer Question

I am 62 years old (will be 63 in June). My husband is disabled and is a nursing home - this is not working out. If I retire to stay home and take care of him, what will my monthly social security stipend be?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 month ago.

You may start your social security benefits as long as you are 62 or above.
Your full retirement age is 66.

Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 month ago.

If you start benefits before that are - your benefits will be permanently reduced.

What would be your actual benefit amount depends on your working record.
The simplest way is to obtain a social security statement which provides you with such information about your historical earning.

Let me know if you need any direction regarding the SSA statement.