keeperumiami
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner
Experience:  Sr Tax Expert/Financial PlannerCPA/PFS (retired)Over forty years of advising individuals & small businesses
30050794

I need to know how to get a yearly social security statement

Customer Question

i need to know how to get a yearly social security statement for 2014. I have
misplaced or destroyed my completed report in my paper shredder by accident or hid it from myself. I would appreciate any help given. I would like to know the steps to create a method or form to provide my social security information and my home address inorder to get my information. Thank muchly.
Carol Ferguson, phone number(###) ###-#### E-mail----memepoppa99&yahoo.com
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I my phone number is(###) ###-#### I am sorry I typed in the wrong numbers to start with. I gave you an old number which I can not seem to unlearn. Thanks for your attention to my problem. Carol Ferguson
Expert:  keeperumiami replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

2014 or 2015?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
2014

Unfortunately, that can be a problem to obtain online.

My suggestion is to obtain or use the 2016 SSA-1099 and use those figures for your 2014 return. Why? Because that return is so late now it is better to get something filed and the Social Security benefit changes over the last 2 years have been so small that any affect on the actual tax can only amount to a few dollars in actual tax.

The only other option you have is to call the SSA at(###) ###-#### but the problem with that is that the time on hold can be extensive, up to 45 minutes and then sometimes you are just disconnected without having to talked to anyone. You can try calling your local SSA office if they publish a phone number (some do, some don't). You can check that out at the following link:

https://secure.ssa.gov/ICON/main.jsp

Other than those options, you can follow the following steps to see what is available online in your particular situation. This brings you to the 2016 SSA-1099, but you can see what else is available when you get to the "Documents" screen.

Here is how you access that option:

Here are the detail instructions on how to get a duplicate copy online; it's not a bad as it looks, I just wanted to include everything so you don't show up in the wrong place:

The form that you can receive online at ssa.gov at your MySocialSecurity account is an exact duplicate of the one that comes in the mail. Let me walk you through what you need to do:

Try this link it is a more direct route:

www.socialsecurity.gov/myaccount

Click on the Sign In or Create an Account

then either set up a "My Social Security" account or sign into your existing account.

Scroll to the bottom of the Terms of Service page and "agree" to their terms

hit "Next"

then click on "Replacement Documents" at the top of the page.

Scroll down and click on this link:

View / Print / Save your Replacement 2016 SSA-1099/SSA-1042S

click "OK" to continue

Your 1099 Replacement Form will magically appear.

You can view it, save it, or print it; whatever you want

Please remember to rate my response as that is the only way I will receive credit from the site, for assisting you today.

Thanks very much,