eacfp
eacfp, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  Enrolled Agent
6480514

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT AGE I CAN RETIRE AND APPROXIMATELY

Customer Question

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT AGE I CAN RETIRE AND APPROXIMATELY HOW MUCH I WOULD RECEIVE MONTHLY BRENDA FISHER###-##-####JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: MY BIRTHDAY IS ***** OLD DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO RETIRE W/ FULL BENIFITS
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: WHAT ALL DO YOU NEED?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  eacfp replied 1 month ago.

Hi Brenda,

If you are asking about social security benefits, then you would need to be age 66 and 6 months to receive your full benefit amount. The amount of your benefit is based on your highest 35 years of earnings. You can obtain the amount of your projected benefit by going to the social security website and setting up an online account.

What other information would you like?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
what was the charge o y credit card for 5.00---i am not a computer goo roo help me --- how do i go on line to do the benefit amount or can you mail me something.
Expert:  eacfp replied 1 month ago.

Here is the website to establish an online account https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/. You will need to enter certain information such as your ss number, date of birth, place of birth, mother's maiden name, etc. You will also need to enter a user name and password.