Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

I started receiving enefits in October of 2016. I will

Customer Question

Hi I started receiving b enefits in October of 2016. I will receive my next benefit in january 2017. I will be 70in February and I understand my benefit will be increased at that time to reflect 2016 increased payment nd the fact that I am 70.. Can you ell me what my ss benefit will be.
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: No I belive I gave all of the pertinent informationl
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** have been practicing SS LAW full time for 10+ years and look forward to assisting you.

Your benefit will not increase due to the fact that you are another year older, no. This is because you clinched the base amount to be that which is due for the age you decided to take it (69 and 8 months or so).

That said, if you worked in 2016 and 2015, those number COULD, when known by the SSA and used in the annual recalculations, cause an increase if they change your lifetime average monthly income. There is also a puny COLA of 0.3% that may or may not be noticed - if you have a supplemental policy or Rx plan that comes directly from you benefits and are deducted prior to the direct deposit, it is possible the net payment will be smaller than in 2016.

But, to be clear, it won't change based on your change in age, at this point.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurateservice – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent" when you aredone. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!