emc011075
emc011075, Tax Adviser
Experience:  Tax adviser IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
62958156

I am 75 I never had nor do I have now Medicare a. how do I

I am 75 I never had nor do I have now Medicare a. B how do I apply. What am I up against
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I have no insurance I am 75 I need Medicare a and b how do I go about getting it at this late time in my life
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: No

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Are you currently collecting any social security benefits?

If you apply for social security benefits before 65, you will be automatically enrolled in Medicare Part A&B at 65. If you apply for social security benefit after 65, you will be automatically enrolled when you apply. Part A is a free hospital coverage, part B pays for doctors visits (you would see deduction on your statement). Part D, prescription coverage is optional. The only time you need to apply for Medicare is if you are 65 and choose not to apply for social security benefits.

To apply for part D you need to call or visit your local social security office. If you are not eligible for social security benefits you can still get Medicare if you worked at least 10 year in Medicare covered employment (Medicare taxes were taken out of your paycheck).

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Cancel my account do not charge me I am not ready I have issues please cancel
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Cancel stop my account
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Close my account