dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I was married for 30 years I started taking ss at 62 My ex

Customer Question

I was married for 30 years I started taking ss at 62 My ex will be taking ss this year. Will I be able to get more ss money on my benefit?? I cannot live on $750 a year. It's a joke
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: Just that I can't live on $750 a month as a single woman and was married for 30 years to help support my then husband. How do I go about getting more on my ss
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Do you happen to know how much your ex will get as his benefit?

2. What was his average income in the past 5 or 10 years?

3. What was his profession?

Doug