LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

Not sure why i have not received my 1st social security

Customer Question

not sure why i have not received my 1st social security check?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: my ss# *****###-##-####klprevatt 12/23/50
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: i applied several months ago
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Did you ask social security to begin your benefits when you reached the age of 66 (full retirement age)?

Doug

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for the clarification.

Because your 66th birthday was in December, January is the first full month that you will be 66. Because retirement benefits are paid 1 month in arrears, that means that your January benefit will be paid in February. So, you are not scheduled to get your first social security retirement benefit deposit until next month. Because you applied for the benefit months ago it will certainly be there in your account next month. But you will not receive a benefit this month.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. There is no cost to you related to your rating my service to you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours well in the New Year,

Doug

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thanks for your quick response
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your kind words. They are very much appreciated. Unfortunately, your gratitude alone is not sufficient for me to be compensated for my having assisted you, as I am not an employee of the site, but an independent site expert.

I need for you to rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars located on your answer page---preferably 5-stars. It is that easy.

Thanks in advance.

I wish you the best,

Doug