LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I need some sort of letter or proof of income to submit to

Customer Question

Hi there, I need some sort of letter or proof of income to submit to Mass Health. They need this ASAP, as my insurance will increase,,I already spoke with the office, and because I don't have this information to fax to them, my premium did not change. Can you help me with this?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 days ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. Yes, of course I can help you. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Did you receive, and do you still have, your annual social security Award Letter in the mail last month? It was sent to you from social security in early to late December.

Doug

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No I have not received anything from Social Security. When I spoke with the person at Mass Health, she said to call SS about the Award Letter.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Is there a phone # I can speak to someone at SS for proof of income to send to me at no charge? I need to fax this info to MA Health ASAP.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 days ago.

I apologize for the delay. I just got off the phone with another customer. I will respond to your questions now. If you would like for me to call you so that you have my undivided attention, I can offer you a call for just $14 more and I can explain all that you need to know. Otherwise I will type out my answer to you in the next few minutes.

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 days ago.

Social security has no method to prepare and immediately provide to you your Award Letter. They will take 10 to 14 days to get the letter to you even if you are willing to sit on hold (for up to 8 hours) waiting for a live person from social security to finally answer your call. Calling Social Security will not result in immediate results.

I can explain how you can get a duplicate copy of your Award Letter right from your computer, print it out so you can FAX it, all within about 15 minutes. Let me explain.

You may get a replacement document using your online “my Social Security” account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. You can open your own social security online account and access and print out your 2017 Award Letter, your earnings statement, estimated retirement benefit and much more, in about 15 minutes through this site:

https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents". Then click on Award Letter to bring up your most recent (2017) Award Letter.

Alternatively, if your need is not urgent, you may get one by going to your local Social Security office and they will put in a request for it, or you may call social security at 1-***-***-**** and they can mail you one if you can wait about 10 days.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. There is no cost to you related to your rating my service to you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours well in the New Year,

Doug

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No thanks
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 days ago.

I'm sorry, no thanks to what? The call? That is fine. I have already completed and sent you a thorough answer to your question to allow you to get your Letter very quickly.

Would you please be so kind as to rate my service to you so I can be paid for having assisted you? Rating is accomplished by simply clicking on the rating stars on your page. Thanks in advance,

Doug

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No thanks for service for a fee. Did not know this was going to cost me. Do not charge me!!!!!
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 days ago.

Why would you think that this service was free of charge? I'm surprised.

However, you are free to ask for a refund.

Have a good day.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I thought I was on the SSI website. My bad. I have already contacted SSI
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 days ago.

I am unable to further assist you in this matter, and I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other professionals.

Your question is being placed back in the question list for other professionals to see, and to respond to. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should another professional pick it up, you should be alerted by email unless you actively disable this feature.

There is no need for you to reply at this time as this may "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other professionals' access to it.

I apologize for any inconvenience and wish you well in your future.

Doug