How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq. Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 2963
Experience:  associate attorney
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I get a Death Certificate for one of my dead

Customer Question

How do I get a Death Certificate for one of my dead relatives?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: His name is***** he was born 1900 and he died June 13, 1958 and he is buried in the Highland Park Cementery in Pittsburg, Crawford, Kansas
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and for using Give me a bit and I will draft you an answer.

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

I assume he died in Kansas, you can request death certificates from the state of Kansas going back to 1911. The Office of Vital Statistics has five methods available for making a request for a death certificate: regular mail, priority mail, telephone, internet, and walk-in customer service. Detailed instructions are available at the following link for each method. See link:

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if you are satisfied. This will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated by the site for my time with you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions if you feel your questions has not been fully answered. See link on how to rate:

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?