Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

I recently asked to start my social security (over the

Customer Question

I recently asked to start my social security (over the phone) and she said fine! However, I want to stop it and wait until I am 70 with full benefits. Is there any way I can reverse this? I have not received anything in the mail yet and she said my first payment would be in February?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: Pearl: I want to STOP my SS benefit (Monthly payment) BEFORE they start. Can I reverse my decision??
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and for using justanswer.com. Give me a bit and I will get you an answer drafted.

You have 60 days to cancel any approved application. If it has not been 60 days or you application has not been approved then you can call SSA and cancel the application and apply at a later time. If not you will need to file the following form with 12 months of yoru election and ALL benefits received must be repaid.

See link for form to withdraw application: http://www.ssa.gov/forms/ssa-521.pdf

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if you are satisfied. This will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated by the site for my time with you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions if you feel your questions has not been fully answered. See link on how to rate: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?