Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

How can I get a medicare card? I am 64 YR. old retired Texas

Customer Question

How can I get a medicare card?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I am 64 YR. old retired Texas public school teacher. Eventhough, I don't have to have medicare card until Feb 1 TX Retired Teachers are saying I must get it today or I'll be dropped from the pension insurance. I went to the social security office and received no help. I've called the number and been on hold forever. I'm technologically weak but I'm willing to give the computer route a try. I must call today with the news that I have secured a medii
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: care card Like what?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and for using justanswer.com. Give me a bit and I will draft you an answer.

I'm not sure why these teachers think you need to sign up for this but unless you are disabled, you cannot sign up for Medicare parts A and B until 3 months before you turn 65. From Medicare site: https://www.medicare.gov/sign-up-change-plans/get-parts-a-and-b/when-sign-up-parts-a-and-b/when-sign-up-parts-a-and-b.html

" if you're eligible for Medicare when you turn 65, you can sign up during the 7-month period that:

• Begins 3 months before the month you turn 65
  • Includes the month you turn 65
  • Ends 3 months after the month you turn 65"

If you still want to give it a try, see link on applying for Medicare online: https://www.ssa.gov/medicare/

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if you are satisfied. This will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated by the site for my time with you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions if you feel your questions has not been fully answered. See link on how to rate: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?