LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I need a copy of my award letter for social security. I have

Customer Question

I need a copy of my award letter for social security. I have been on SS since age 62 and I'm now 66. I need this letter to qualify for a house loan and to prove what my income isl
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I this award letter now.
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 14 days ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. You presumably were mailed an award letter from social security just last month if you are presently receiving social security benefits. Did you not receive it?

Doug

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I received the letter but did not keep the letter.
Jane
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
How do I get another copy of this letter?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Can you help me?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have nothing more to say
Expert:  LawTalk replied 14 days ago.

Yes, I can help you. Please give me a couple of minutes to give you the remedy.

Expert:  LawTalk replied 14 days ago.

You may get a replacement document using your online “my Social Security” account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. You can open your security online account and see your earnings statement, benefit and much more, in about 15 minutes through this site:

https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents". You will be able to instantly then print out a copy of your Award Letter.

Alternatively, if your need is not urgent, you may get one by going to your local Social Security office and they will get it for you, or you may call social security at 1-***-***-**** and they can mail you one if you can wait about 10 days.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. There is no cost to you related to your rating my service to you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours well in the New Year,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 13 days ago.

Is there anything else I can assist you with today? It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service. It is greatly appreciated.

I wish you the best in 2017,

Doug