Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

My wife of 50yrs. passed away aug 4 222222222016 am I abl;e

Customer Question

My wife of 50yrs. passed away aug 4 222222222016 am I abl;e togetany thing from her s,s
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: she received about 11ooo.00 in s.s. benefits her # ###-##-####I thought I could get sme of her S<S<??
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: NO
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and for using justanswer.com. Give me a bit and I will get you an answer drafted.

You will be eligible for a one time payment of $255 from SSA as a death benefit and also be able to take a survivor benefit based on her social security benefit. Understand that if this benefit is lower than your own benefit, you will not see a change or increase in your benefits. The survivor benefit does not stack with your own benefit and you only receive the higher of the two benefits. This benefit can be taken starting at age 60 and at full retirement it is 100% of her benefit if she is eligible. See link to apply: https://www.ssa.gov/survivors/

See link from SSA for more information: http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10084.pdf

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if you are satisfied. This will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated by the site for my time with you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions if you feel your questions has not been fully answered. See link on how to rate: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

I closed your duplicate question so you would not be charged twice.

I closed another question as well, you do not need to post anymore as you can be charged more than once for these questions. Does that answer your question adequately?

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?