Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

I'm thinking of moving to Belgium, what do I need to do for

Customer Question

I'm thinking of moving to Belgium, what do I need to do for my Social Security Benefits?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I receive SS benefits monthly with Medicare deducted, what happens with it all if I move to Belgium?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: No
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and for using justanswer.com. Give me a bit and I will get you an answer drafted.

If you are a U.S. citizen, you may continue to receive payments outside the United States as long as you are eligible for payment and you are in a country where SSA can send payments. Belgium is a country where SSA can send you payments. You need to contact SSA and let them know you are moving. Also see link for more information: http://blog.ssa.gov/social-security-benefits-u-s-citizens-outside-the-united-states/

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if you are satisfied. This will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated by the site for my time with you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions if you feel your questions has not been fully answered. See link on how to rate: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?