LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

Do i continue to pay FICA if i continue to work and am 79

Customer Question

do i continue to pay FICA if i continue to work and am 79 years old?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 months ago.

Good morning Sheila,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Regardless of one's age or whether they are receiving social security benefits, anyone who earns income from employment must pay FICA taxes which go to social security and to Medicare. There is never a time where a wage earned is exempt from paying these taxes.

So yes, even though you may be 79 years old, if you are employed and earning a wage from work, then you are obligated to pay FICA taxes.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. There is no cost to you related to your rating my service to you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours well in the New Year,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 months ago.

Is there anything else I can assist you with today? It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service. It is greatly appreciated.

I wish you the best in 2017,

Doug