Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

I will be 64 this year so I can take of my wifeand her 91

Customer Question

I will be 64 this year so I can take of my wifeand her 91 year old mother. WhenI retire and start to draw I will only be able to make 1310 per month. I receive 1340 each month retirement from the Air Force is this going to count toward fhe 1310?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 12 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and for using justanswer.com. Is this Air Force amount a retirement pension or earned income?

I'm sorry, I did not read air force "retirement" the first time. Normally any federal pension reduces your social security because of the windfall elimination provision but military pensions do not. You can receive both and the $1340 will not count as income. So no it does count as income.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if you are satisfied. This will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated by the site for my time with you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions if you feel your questions has not been fully answered. See link on how to rate: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 11 days ago.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?