Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

I would like to find out how much I will receive should I

Customer Question

I would like to find out how much I will receive should I retire early, at 62 yrs old this year.
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I've been paying in sence I was 13 yrs old. In the past 5 yrs I've averaged aprox. 37.000.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: I receive about 263.00 a month in VA benefits.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and for using justanswer.com. Give me a bit and I will get you an answer drafted.

If you retire early at age 62, your benefit will be reduced by about 30% for the early retirement penalty. You can go to the SSA quick benefit calculator to find an estimate on what you will receive: https://www.ssa.gov/OACT/quickcalc/

SSA averages 35 years of earnings and in years that you have no income, SSA calculates 0 for that year. If you have more than 35 years, SSA replaces lower income years with higher income years.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if you are satisfied. This will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated by the site for my time with you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions if you feel your questions has not been fully answered. See link on how to rate: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?