Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

Do we pay income when we turn 70, what do you want to no?

Customer Question

Do we pay income when we turn 70
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: what do you want to no? I've paid refund taxes for the last few years. I've turned 70 and would like to no the rules on income taxes filing at this age. it doesn't appear that I'll be getting a refund anytime soon.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: No
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and for using justanswer.com.

Yes, there is never a time where you do not pay income tax for earned income. There is no exception for one at full retirement age or mandatory retirement age. If you continue to work, you also continue to pay social security tax as well even if you are 100 years old. There is no exception for someone your age.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if you are satisfied. This will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated by the site for my time with you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions if you feel your questions has not been fully answered. See link on how to rate: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Yes this answer does apply to retirees. Florida has no state income tax, which means Social Security retirement benefits, pension income and income from IRAs or a 401(k) are all untaxed. There is still income tax the same as any other age although if you just earn social security you are not normally taxed with no other income.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?