Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I have been trying since mid September to enroll in part SS,

Customer Question

I have been trying since mid September to enroll in part b SS, I retired on Dec 14,2016 and have completed all the forms and returned the signed forms to my local office, in person not by mail. The worker to whom the envelope was addressed has been on extended leave and evidently the application was not completed. I am 70 without any medical coverage and I have health issues. I have repeatedly contacted the local office, spoken to numerous workers and left my info for a return call. So far with no return call. I am frustrated and do not have any idea about my next option. I am also furious that this government office is so inefficient and uncaring.
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: Possibly. As of Aug,2016, I was semi retired but without any group insurance benefits because I worked less than the required number of hours. I was provided a form for my employer to complete and return, that was done. I am now fully retired so I can start all over again but I do think I have waited long enough for this extremely inefficient government agency to complete my application.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

To resolve this issue, you need to make another trip to the local office, unfortunately. This time demand to see the Supervisor. If need be, another application must be completed for you on the spot and resubmitted so that you can get the coverage you are entitled to.

Best wishes,