Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

I was going to change banks and checking account and have my

Customer Question

I was going to change banks and checking account and have my direct deposit changed to the new bank but they already have requested the change to there bank.but I have since changed my mind and are not going to change .how can I still have my direct depoit changed back to my old bank which is firstmerit?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: i don't think so ,i just want to make sure my money don't go to chase morgan bank.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and for using justanswer.com. Give me a bit and I will get you an answer drafted.

If you already receive benefits and you have a bank account, you can change or sign up for your direct deposit by:

(1) Setting up a my Social Security account and starting or changing your direct deposit online (Social Security benefits only);

(2) Calling Social Security at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****).

It is easiest if you do it online using the "my social security account". You can start, view, and change your direct deposit information of record via the My Profile Tab on "my Social Security". In addition, you can decide when your change will take effect. See link: http://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if you are satisfied. This will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated by the site for my time with you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions if you feel your questions has not been fully answered. See link on how to rate: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Was that the answer you were looking for? If so, if you could positively rate my answer I would Greatly appreciate it. Without this extra step, I will not be compensated by the site for my time with you. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This will cost you nothing extra. See link on how to rate: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Thank you in advance.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?