Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

My social income remains the same as last year. We were to

Customer Question

My social income remains the same as last year . We were to get a .03 % raise. Why is my income the same?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I'm Louis Duane Bretvick. Why is my Social security he same as 2016? WE were to get a .03 % raise. ###-##-####
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and for using justanswer.com.

There is an increase in Medicare that pretty much offsets the COLA increase that was given this year for many SSA recipients. This is probably why but yes,unlike last year, there was a COLA increase that should have increased your benefit but Medicare increases offset that increase. See SSA link: http://blog.ssa.gov/an-increase-in-social-security-benefits-in-2017/

"Information about Medicare changes for 2017, when announced, will be available at www.Medicare.gov. For some beneficiaries, their Social Security increase may be partially or completely offset by increases in Medicare premiums."

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if you are satisfied. This will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated by the site for my time with you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions if you feel your questions has not been fully answered. See link on how to rate: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?