dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I am going to be retiring the end of 2017. Is there someone

Customer Question

I am going to be retiring the end of 2017. Is there someone that I should be talking with at Social Security about my retirement, before I retire?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I will be 62 1/2 at retirement and will only be drawing from my 2 retirement accounts that I have set up. I don't want to start drawing from Social Security until I am of the age of 66 and what ever months until I reach that. I was born 6/25/1955.
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: Not sure what else that would be.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 month ago.

HI. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

If you do not plan to take your benefits until full retirement age there's no reason to contact social security administration at 62. SSA does not care when you choose to retire if you are not applying for the benefits. Just make sure you apply for Medicare at 65; first to get you coverage and second to avoid any penalty for late enrollment. If you have to apply for early benefits for any reason you can do it any time.