Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

My husband and I are in a discussion about eligibility of

Customer Question

My husband and I are in a discussion about eligibility of Social Security benefits, Are members of the clergy - Priests and Nuns eligible for SS checks? Also are the Amish and lifers in prison, Do they receive SS checks?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. I think they do a wonderful job. All Experts must pass our rigorous 8 Step Expert Quality Process. This ensures that you get the most knowledgeable, trustworthy help anywhere on the Internet. You can learn more about it here: http://ww2.justanswer.com/expert-quality-process
Customer: Is that my answer
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: NO
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** have been practicing SS LAW full time for 10+ years and look forward to assisting you.

I see you have multiple questions involved in your limited transaction request. I will answer the first and add in the second for you, and then you can decide if you want more, and I will have the site issue an offer price.

1) OK, certain members of clergy can be exempt from paying social security taxes. If they opted to not pay those taxes, which then comprise their premiums for this valuable insurance, they will not be covered by the insurance later, because they didn't pay in. This is unless in a prior career, they did pay in sufficiently, and have gained insured status on that limited work.

2) The same holds true of the Amish or any other lifestyle - if they paid in on those taxes, versus choosing not to pay those taxes that comprise their premiums for their chance at this insurance - then they can certainly (and should) claim those insurance proceeds that they paid for.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!