Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I have not received my SS check this month 1/2017. I always

Customer Question

I have not received my SS check this month 1/2017. I always get my check on the last day of previous month. Is there a problem?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Stanley F. Rolinski SS####-##-####JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: no, nothing has changed since I qualified for SS
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 2 months ago.

Hi Stanley. My name's Lane.

...

Unless you started receiving Social Security benefits before May 1997, then the dates below, don't apply to you. Instead, your benefit will be paid on the third of every month... and If you are on SSI (Supplemental Security Income) it's on the attached schedule too - it's usually on the last day or first day of the month, although can change due to where the weekend falls

...

But for everyone else, the check is received under a schedule published every year by Social Security, that's based on you birthday. (I'm attaching it for you here)

...

• It's sent on the Second Wednesday if your birthday is ***** the 1st through the 10th of the month,
  • It's sent on the Third Wednesday if your birthday is ***** the 11th through the 20th of the month, and
  • It's sent on the Fourth Wednesday if your birthday is ***** the 21st through the 31st of the month

...

(I'm attaching two files that you should be able to click on to see. One is the 2016 schedule and the other is the 2017 schedule)