Mark D
Mark D, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  MBA, EA, Specializing in Business and Individual Tax Returns and Issues
8056330

I just turned 65 and have va health care. SS is taking out

Customer Question

I just turned 65 and have va health care. SS is taking out money for health care when I don't think I need to use it since I have VA benefits.Is there a way to stop SS taking out the money?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: No
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Mark D replied 3 months ago.

Hello, as a fellow vet, thank you for your service! Are you enrolled in Tricare for Life or VA Health Care?

Expert:  Mark D replied 3 months ago.

If the answer is VA Health Care, the answer is yes, you can choose to opt out of Medicare Part B. However, you would want to really think about the decision as this could leave you with coverage lapses. However, the answer to your question is yes, it would be optional. Does this answer your question?