Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

THERE WERE ACOUPLE CHANGES TO MY SOCIAL SECURITY STATUS

Customer Question

THERE WERE ACOUPLE CHANGES TO MY SOCIAL SECURITY STATUS SINCE I STARTED COLLETING. I WENT FROM DISABLE TO ***** AGAIN TO DISABLE AND RETIREMENT. SHOULD NOT MY MONTHLY BENEFIT AMOUNT BEEN RECALCULATED. I STRONGLY BELEIVE I SHOULD BE GETTING MORE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR IMMEDIATE ATTENTION T0 THIS MATTER OF CONCERN.
BESSYE G. GLASS###-##-####
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is***** have been practicing SS LAW full time for 10+ years and look forward to assisting you.

Hi Bessye,

It is possible, although unusual for new years of work to effect disability benefit amount. This is because the SSA would have to find that your new years of income exceed some of the old years income levels that were used in your calculation. They use the highest years in the calculation. If your new years of income DO exceed your prior years, it takes up to 2 years for the information to get to the SSA so they can be used in the next "recalculation" process that the SSA does on all beneficiaries with new income (annually).

Give it some thought. Also, compare your annual SS earnings statement (go to ssa.gov/myaccount) to see if your earnings are all recorded, at least up to last 2 years or so. Make sure your earnings are being recorded correctly. If they are not, you will want to bring those returns and w2s to the local SSA office.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!