Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

Does ss help with your meds if they cost to much for you? i

Customer Question

does ss help with your meds if they cost to much for you?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: i have a drug that i have to take but the cost is 339.00 a moth and i don't think that i can afford the cost each
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: not sure what you need to know
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** have been practicing SS LAW full time for 10+ years and look forward to assisting you.

There is a program, but it is not actually based on whether your meds are too much for you, but on whether you have very low income. It is called Extra Help. Please go here to see more on that:

https://www.medicare.gov/your-medicare-costs/help-paying-costs/save-on-drug-costs/save-on-drug-costs.html

If you are not poor enough for extra help, you own local medicaid office (state assistance) may also have a program on the state level for you.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!