TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Preparer
Experience:  15+ years in tax preparation and instruction
14155347

My number is ********* How much will I receive monthly? I

Customer Question

My number is ********* How much will I receive monthly? JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best. Customer: I lost my letter from the Soc. Sec. administration. I don't know how much I'll receive every month. JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of? Customer: Not that I know of.

Category: Social Security
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 2 months ago.

That information is protected by privacy laws so only you can request a new letter on your benefits.

This letter is sometimes called a "budget letter," a "benefits letter," a "proof of income letter," or a "proof of award letter."

You can also request proof that you have never received Social Security benefits or Supplemental Security Income or proof that you have applied for benefits.

To set up or use your account to get a benefit verification letter, go to Sign In Or Create An Account.

You cannot request a benefit verification letter online for another person, such as a spouse or child.

If you can’t or don’t want to use your online account, or you need a letter for someone other than yourself, you can call us at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.