TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Preparer
Experience:  15+ years in tax preparation and instruction
14155347

I have federal taxes taken out of my social security check -

Customer Question

I have federal taxes taken out of my social security check - 15%. I would like to stop this deduction. How do I get a form for this. My social is###-##-####JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: No, when I started drawing s.s. I was still working. I haven't worked in 3 years and just want to stop it. Thanks for your help.
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 16 days ago.

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 16 days ago.

I can give you a link to the form that you use to let SSA know to stop the withholding.

You'll need a form W-4V from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) found at the link below

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw4v.pdf

If you do not have access to a printer call the IRS toll-free number

1-***-***-**** and ask for Form W-4V, Voluntary Withholding Request. (If you are deaf or hard of hearing, call the IRS TTY number, 1-***-***-****.)

Sign the form and return it to your local Social Security office by mail or in person.