LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

Thank you. I have been working since I went on SS at the age

Customer Question

Thank you. I have been working since I went on SS at the age of 62, 9 years ago, what happens to the SS I pay in each week and also I lost my medicare card, how do I go about getting another
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: thank you
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: No, not that I can think of, I was just wondering why I don't get more each month and also if I get the three tenths of one percent raise why aren't I making more than I am presently, i.e. I already get the $1015.00 that they say I am to get in 2017
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Social security only considers your top 35 years of income in determining your benefits. So if any of the years since you have retired are in the top 35 years of your life, then social security will increase your benefit to account for the addition earnings. Absent one or more of those years being in the top 35, then you would not get an increase based on work that you do after retirement. The social security taxes that you pay are used for the nation---they are not put in a separate account for you. Some people get more retirement benefits than they ever paid for and some get less.

You may get a replacement Medicare card using your online “my Social Security” account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. You can open your own social security online account and see your earnings statement, estimated retirement benefit, get a replacement Medicare card and much more, in about 15 minutes through this site:
http://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab. Then select “Mail my replacement Medicare Card.”

Your new replacement card will arrive in the mail in about 30 days at the address on file with Social Security.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. There is no cost to you related to your rating my service to you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours well in the New Year,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service. It is greatly appreciated.

I wish you the best in 2017,

Doug