Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

Had started an application 12/23/2016. I didn't finish the

Customer Question

had started an application 12/23/2016. I didn't finish the application. I want to start over with a date of 01/02/2016. Can is do this?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: My application was only partly done. I had started to just see all the information I needed. By using the date of January 1, 2016 I can still work and not be penalized. I will turn 66 in April.
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: no
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 2 months ago.

Hi.

...

This is very common. That's why they give you hat re-entry number.

...

You should have received a “Re-entry Number” when you started the application before. You will need the “Re-entry Number” to get back into your application.

Follow these steps to return to your application:

1. Go back to the online application by using this link:

Return to a Saved Application

1. On the first page of the application, click on “Return to Saved Application Process.”
  2. Enter your “Re-entry Number” and Social Security number. You will be able to continue completing your application.

If you are filing for yourself and have lost or forgotten your re-entry number, you can get it by:

1. Logging into or creating a my Social Security account.
  2. Clicking on the “Get Re-entry Number” link found in the “Your Benefit Applications” tab to retrieve your re-entry number.

...

Expert:  Lane replied 2 months ago.

Here's the link for returning to the application:https://www.ssa.gov/disabilityonline/

Expert:  Lane replied 2 months ago.

And again, if have lost or forgotten your re-entry number, you can get it by:

...

...

Just in case that doesn't come through as a link, here's where you go to set up a "MySocialSecurity" account, so you can retrieve the re-entry number:

...

http://www.socialsecurity.gov/myaccount

Expert:  Lane replied 2 months ago.

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me

But if this has helped, and you don’t have other questions, I would appreciate a positive rating (using those stars on your screen – and clicking submit)

That’s the only way JustAnswer will compensate me for the work here.

Thanks,

Lane

I hold a law degree, with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986

Expert:  Lane replied 2 months ago.

...

I’m just checking back in to see how things are going.

...

Did my answer help?

If this HAS helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

...

But if you need more on this, please let me know.

Lane

Expert:  Lane replied 2 months ago.

...

...

Did my answer help?

...

Lane