Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I need a copy of my Social Security statement. I was in

Customer Question

I need a copy of my Social Security statement.
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I was in rehab for hip replacement and mail accumulated. I must have gotten my original statement mixed up in the recycling pile.
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: no
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 5 months ago.

Hi. My name's Lane.

...

Are you asking about the statement that comes showing your benefit amount for the upcoming year?

...

Or are you asking about the 1099-SSA that's (sometimes) needed for tax reporting?

...

Let me know and we can go from there.

...

Lane

Expert:  Lane replied 5 months ago.

Ok, as the 1099-SSA wouldn't typically come until January, I'll assume that you mean the award letter (sometimes referred to as a benefit statement).

...

You can get this IMMEDIATELY online.

...

To set up or use your account to get a benefit verification letter, go to Sign In Or Create An Account.
...

If you can’t or don’t want to use your online account, or you need a letter for someone other than yourself, you can call Social Secuity at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Expert:  Lane replied 5 months ago.

Here's the site where you can set up your account if you haven't done so.

...

https://secure.ssa.gov/RIL/SiView.do

...

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me.

I hope you’ll rate me (using those stars, or faces on your screen, by clicking submit) based on thoroughness and accuracy, rather than any good news / bad news content.

Otherwise I’ll receive no compensation for the work here at all, from JustAnswer.

Thank you!

Lane

I hold a law degree, with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in finance a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, to clients on three continents since 1986