LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I have been on ss disability for the last 15/16 years. I

Customer Question

I have been on ss disability for the last 15/16 years. I will be 65 in January. So, does this mean I have to sign up for this extra coverage, today? Or do I just carry on as I have up to this point in time?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: I also receive a $21.00 supplemental check from SSI each month.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Because you have been on SSDI for the past 15 years, you are also receiving Medicare already. If you want to sign up for Medicare Part B or Part D then today is the last day you can apply for it this year. Open enrollment for Medicare options runs from October 15th through December 7th. You do not have to sign up for the benefits if you do not want to though.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please know that I answer your questions in good faith, providing you with the information that you ask for, and I do that with the expectation that you would act likewise, and rate my service to you. Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help, or you are a subscription customer already. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you. So, please do be sure to rate my service to you. Rating is accomplished by clicking on the rating-stars on your page. Thank you in advance for your positive rating.

I wish you the best this holiday season and in the coming New Year!

Doug