Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I NEED TO CHANGE BANK WHERE MY CHECK IS DEPOSITED EACH MONTH

Customer Question

I NEED TO CHANGE BANK WHERE MY CHECK IS DEPOSITED EACH MONTH BECAUSE I HAVE MOVED.
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I USED TOLIVE IN WA BUT NOW LIVE IN UTAH
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 6 days ago.

Hi My name's Lane. I can help you here.

...

You have three options for doing this:

...

If you already receive benefits and you have a bank account, you can change your direct deposit by:

...

• Setting up a my Social Security account and starting or changing your direct deposit online (Social Security benefits only);

...

• Contacting your bank, credit union or savings and loan association; or

...

• Calling Social Security at 1-***-***-****

​...

In MY experience, simply going to the new bank and having them change it FOR you works best and is the most dependable (All Banks and Credit Unions have the forms to get this done FOR you)

...

Expert:  Lane replied 6 days ago.

Please Let me know if you have ANY questions, before rating me.

But if this HAS helped, and you don’t have more questions on this, … I would appreciate a positive rating (using the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

Otherwise I won’t be compensated for the work here.

Thank you!

Lane

I have a Law degree with concentration in Tax , Estate & Corporate Law, … an MBA, with specialization in finance … a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986