dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I am in a nursing home. I give my social security check to

Customer Question

I am in a nursing home. I give my social security check to the facility each month. They do not have any record of receiving anything for September which I would have given to them in October. How do I go about finding out if the check was cashed? His social security number is###-##-#### I am not able to get to the local ss office.
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I am not sure whether it has been cash. Nothing else. I just need to provide the facility with proof whether or not it was cashed.
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Barbara replied 16 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

You can contact Social Security directly at 1-***-***-**** and speak to a representative. They will be able to tell you if the check has been cashed and when it was cashed. You can contact Social Security between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb