Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I need a replacement for my lost card

Customer Question

I need a replacement for my lost card
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 18 days ago.

Hi. My name's Lane.

...

here's the form you'll need:

...

https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ss-5.pdf

...

you can mail or take to any Social Security office.

...

Any of the required documents listed on the form, if mailed to them, will be returned.

...

Here's web site that lets you enter your zip code to look for the closest Social Security Office

...

https://secure.ssa.gov/ICON/main.jsp

...

If you are going to mail to the office, I'd recommend using certified mail. This way you'll have proof that it was delivered.

Expert:  Lane replied 18 days ago.

Please Let me know if you have ANY questions, before rating me.

But if this HAS helped, and you don’t have more questions on this, I’d appreciate a positive rating (by using those stars on your screen, and clicking submit) … Otherwise JA won’t compensate me for the work.

Thank you,

Lane

I have a Law degree with concentration in Tax , Estate & Corporate Law, … an MBA, with specialization in finance … a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986.