dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

What can I do about a person collecting for children who do

Customer Question

What can I do about a person collecting for children who do not live with them anymore?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: The children are both 18 have moved out and are living on their own.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: Yes She never shared any of her benefits with them as it was her money.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of the situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Is the money received being spent on the children---regardless of where they live, or is the person using the children's money for their own bills?

2. What kind of social security benefits are being collected for the children?

3. Are either of the children still in high school?

Doug

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
She is using it for herself. The kid even had to buy their own clothing and school supplies. The girls support their self children benefit she is collecting disability. They are both a senior this year. And they both work to support them selfs
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.

Are the kid's benefits survivor benefits or a retirement benefit?

Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.

Did a parent die or did a parent retire or become disabled?

Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.

I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the minimal information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience.

Doug