Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

My wife has died. kassingwhat do I do and are there any

Customer Question

my wife has died. nancy kassing###-##-####what do I do and are there any death benifets?
JA: The retirement accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: she died on nov. the 18 th thursday
JA: Is there anything else important you think the retirement accountant should know?
Customer: not that I know of, she died in the Parkview hospital north, she was recovering from a fractured hip. she also had Alzheimer's.
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Barbara replied 16 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Please accept my sincere sympathy on the passing of your wife.

You will report her death to Social Security by calling 1-***-***-**** between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Choose the option to report a death.

You will be entitled to a one-time death benefit of $255.00 as her surviving spouse.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Expert:  Barbara replied 14 days ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can further assist you.

Best regards,

Barb