How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 36305
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

When I started Social security they told me I have some

Customer Question

When I started Social security they told me I have some money in a 401K plan from Grinnell.I contacted them and they show no record. how can I get the information you have about these funds.
JA: The retirement accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Currently Simplex Grinnell 401K accounts are managed by Fidelity. I checked with them and they show no record of any funds available to me. I need the source of your information that shows I have funds available.
JA: Is there anything else the retirement accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I was an employee of Grinnell in the 80"s. around the time that Tyco Brought them.
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Finding a lost pension/retirement plan can definitely be done. The fact that the SSA has told you that the benefits are there is a good sign, and indicative of the fact that they really do exist.

Finding your specific pension is not as easy as doing a simple web search, and while you can retain an investigator to do this for you, if you are patient, and have some time, you can do it yourself as well.

Sometimes, people like you are able to locate their pension plan from a no-longer existing employer, through the pension Benefit Guarantee Association---part of the US Government. Here is a link to their site:

It is even possible that they have been looking for you. You may place your name into a database here, and see if the government has been looking for you relating to pension benefits:

Here is a link to a terrific article on finding the lost pension program that you know is out there:

I wish you success in finding the plan and getting your money.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please know that I answer your questions in good faith, providing you with the information that you ask for, and I do that with the expectation that you would act likewise, and rate my service to you. Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help, or you are a subscription customer already. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you. So, please do be sure to rate my service to you. Rating is accomplished by clicking on the rating-stars on your page. Thank you in advance for your positive rating.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,


Expert:  dianne-cssm replied 4 months ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.
Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.