Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

How do I get a recordof my earnings so far this year? Do to

Customer Question

How do I get a recordof my earnings so far this year?
JA: The retirement accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Do to a divorce I need the earnings this year for **********. Birth date: ************ Social Security Number **********
JA: Is there anything else the retirement accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I have 30 days to get this to the attorney. Can you help me online or do I have to go to a Social Security Office
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

If you need proof you get Social Security benefits and/or the amount, you can request a benefit verification letter online by using your my Social Security account. This letter is sometimes called a "budget letter," a "benefits letter," a "proof of income letter," or a "proof of award letter."

If you can’t or don’t want to use your online account, you can call us at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

The following link contains additional information which you will find helpful:

https://faq.ssa.gov/link/portal/34011/34019/article/3705/how-can-i-get-a-benefit-verification-letter

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This does not give me the amount of monthly payments Donald received and the total amount for this year so you were not helpful. I will go to the Social Security Office to get what I need. Please do not charge my credit card.