LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I am currently on SSDI but will turn 66 in January. The

Customer Question

I am currently on SSDI but will turn 66 in January. The potential penalties and restrictions about income have made it extremely difficult for me to grow as an artist in spite of what I am told are considerable skills. However I cannot put in enough time to make the income I would need to live without benefits and cover even basic expenses and cover medical bills. Tried to get supplemental ins. when I turned*****too much for me. What kind of changes can I expect if I formally retire at 66?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the retirement accountant should be aware of?
Customer: Like what?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Because you are receiving SSDI benefits, at age 66 you will automatically be converted to social security retirement and at that point. It is not possible to be on SSDI after age 66. Because you will be over 66, there will be absolutely no limitation on the amount of income you may earn while still collecting your full retirement benefit.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please know that I answer your questions in good faith, providing you with the information that you ask for, and I do that with the expectation that you would act likewise, and rate my service to you. Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help, or you are a subscription customer already. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you. So, please do be sure to rate my service to you. Rating is accomplished by clicking on the rating-stars on your page. Thank you in advance for your positive rating.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug