dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I'm trying to be awarded my husband's ssn for the purpose of

Customer Question

I'm trying to be awarded my husband's ssn for the purpose of my ss disability payment. ss said I might be able to get more money from ss because of his job and making more money than I did. I struggling now to pay bills and I don't want to lose my home. This little extra would really help me now. Thank You
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the retirement accountant should know?
Customer: Just that I went to SS last week and they said I had to have his SS# ***** I could get a portion of his SS.
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  keeperumiami replied 21 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

Are you divorced? If so were you married for at least 10 years?

Is your husband still alive?

If so, are you unable to contact him for some reason?