annelew12554
annelew12554, Social Security
Experience:  I have extensive knowledge of the rules of Social Seeurity
5242771

I currently receive medicare payments. I turned 65 October

Customer Question

I currently receive medicare payments. I turned 65 October 19 of this year. Am I eligible for social security payments? Thank you.
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: What do you ne
JA: Is there anything else the retirement accountant should be aware of?
Customer: Like what? I am incredibly ignorant in this stuff.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  annelew12554 replied 3 months ago.

Hi

I'm Anne & I've been preparing taxes for 28 years. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

HI

As long as you meet the requirements for Social Security Benefits, which is based on 10 years of work (see below) you will qualify for retirement benefits:

https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10035.pdf

Since you are receiving Medicare, you might want to look at the following:

https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10529.pdf

While these links give good information, I think you would benefit more by going to your local SS office, and speak to a representative re: your SSA benefits. They should be able to pull your work records, and tell you the $ amount of benefits you qualify for.

If you are, or were, married, you may be eligible for spousal benefits also.

If you have found my answer helpful, please take the moment to rate positive by clicking on the stars.

It is ONLY through positive ratings that we are compensated for our time and knowledge.

Thank you for choosing justanswer.

I see that you read my response but have not yet rated positive.

Do you have follow up questions I can help you with? Do you want/need more information than I provided in my answer?

Please remember that it is ONLY through positive ratings that we are compensated for our time and knowledge.

Thank you again for choosing justanswer