ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Business Consultant/Accounting Manager
89981332

How do I get copies of my and my wife's social security

Customer Question

How do I get copies of my and my wife's social security letters? Our current letters are locked up in a POD as we are moving in early
JA: The retirement accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Our current letters are locked in a POD and we cant get them until mid December. We are in the process of obtaining a mortgage on our new mobile home and the lender needs copies before he can process our loan agreements.
JA: Is there anything else the retirement accountant should be aware of?
Customer: not that I am aware of.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  ABC Accounting Group replied 5 months ago.

Hi. Great Question.

You can do it two ways - either online:

You can request a benefit verification letter online by using your my Social Security account. This letter is sometimes called a "budget letter," a "benefits letter," a "proof of income letter," or a "proof of award letter."

To set up or use your account to get a benefit verification letter - go to the link - https://secure.ssa.gov/RIL/SiView.do

You can also call and get one at 1-***-***-**** - Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. They may be able to fax it to you. Your spouse would need to call.

Let me know if you have any questions. Thank you.