LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

Get Social Security for for the death of her dad I was

Customer Question

Get Social Security for Mike for the death of her dad I was wondering could she get any health or dental benefits through him through his staff. Thank you
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Is my granddaughter able to get some kind of health insurance and dental
JA: Is there anything else the retirement accountant should be aware of?
Customer: No
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 24 days ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

While your granddaughter may be given a survivor benefit from social security based on the death of her father, social security does not have a provision for any health or dental benefits for children of deceased parents. Whoever is receiving the social security benefit for her is expected to be paying for health coverage out of the social security benefit.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please know that I answer your questions in good faith, providing you with the information that you ask for, and I do that with the expectation that you would act likewise, and rate my service to you. Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help, or you are a subscription customer already. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you. So, please do be sure to rate my service to you. Rating is accomplished by clicking on the rating-stars on your page. Thank you in advance for your positive rating.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug