How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 37026
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am the Rep Payee for my father. We had severe water damage

Customer Question

I am the Rep Payee for my father. We had severe water damage and I can't read my rep payee number.
JA: The retirement accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Where do I find that?
JA: Is there anything else the retirement accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I need to have my Rep Payee information to complete Social security accounting for my father.
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

If you have no other paperwork from years past that have your representative payee number on them---such as prior year accounting reports, then all you can do is contact social security---in person or by phone---and give them your father's social security number and ask them to conform your payee number. You can reach social security at 1-***-***-****. It might be easier though to just walk into your local socials security office and they can get that information for you with no long wait on the phone.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please know that I answer your questions in good faith, providing you with the information that you ask for, and I do that with the expectation that you would act likewise, and rate my service to you. Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help, or you are a subscription customer already. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you. So, please do be sure to rate my service to you. Rating is accomplished by clicking on the rating-stars on your page. Thank you in advance for your positive rating.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,